Herbal Bone Broth
Blurring the lines quite pleasingly between food and medicine, herbal bone broth is a winter staple sure to keep your body deeply nourished through the dark half of the year. Sip it on its own, braise your greens with a generous splash, simmer your morning eggs in a small amount, or use in your any soup--blended or otherwise. Extremely rich in easily assimilable proteins, gelatin, minerals this broth will support joint health, bring resilience to the immune system, nourish essential intestinal flora and do so much more depending on the herbs you choose to add to your stock pot! Enjoyed daily and shared generously, this soul-satisfying broth will truly be your best medicine from Autumn into early Spring!
In A Large Stock Pot Combine
Trace Mineral Drops (by Trace Minerals Research Brand)
- Gelatin Rich Ingredients
- “Knuckles” bones of any animals
- Chicken feet
- Immune Supportive // astragalus, elderberry, reishi, shitake, rosehips, turkey tail, chaga,
- Energy Enhancing // codonopsis, dong quai, eleuthero
- Intestinal Healing // calendula, plantain, marshmallow, burdock
- Mineral Rich // nettle, raspberry leaf, horsetail, red clover, oatstraw (if not gluten-intolerant)
- Heart Nourishing // hawthorn, reishi, chaga
- Or simply add La Abeja's Broth Blend [contains :: Shitake Mushrooms, Chaga Mushrooms, Reishi Mushrooms, Turmeric Root, Hawthorne Berries, Nettle Leaf, Blackberry Leaf, Horsetail, Marshmallow Root, Burdock Root, Astragalus Root, Rosehips, Schizandra Berries, and Rosemary Leaf]
Cover all ingredients with spring water.
Bring to a low boil then reduce to a bare simmer.
Simmer for twelve to fourty eight hours, remaining mindful of and replenishing the water level.
Strain and freeze or refrigerate and use within a week and a half.